Students who choose this qualification must also choose the BTEC Extended Certificate in Sport.
The information below summarises the extra content that will be covered to convert the Level 3 Extended Certificate in Sport (equivalent in size to 1 A Level) to the Level 3 Diploma in Sport (equivalent in size to 2 A Levels) Therefore, please also read the Extended Certificate information.
The Diploma course contains six mandatory units, four of which are taught as part of the Extended Certificate:
Students on this course will cover four units following the Extended Certificate and then an additional five units to make the qualification increase to a second A Level equivalent.
The five additional units are:
Two Mandarory Units
- Unit 22 - Business for Sport (synoptic)
- Unit 23 - Skill Acquisition (internal) and Unit 4 - Sports Leadership (Internal)- taught as part of the extended certificate
Three Optional Units
- Unit 5 Application of fitness testing (internal)
- Unit 8 Coaching for performance (internal)
- Unit 25 Rules, regulations and officiating in Sport (internal) *Please note the optional unites are subject to change
The three main forms of assessment for this qualification are the same as the extended certificate: external, internal and synoptic.
WHERE CAN IT LEAD?
This qualification is aimed at learners looking to progress to employment in Sports Performance and/or Coaching and whose aspirations would also be supported by taking complementary qualifications alongside. It is also suitable for those wishing to complete a range of degrees including: Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Education, Sport Psychology or Sport and Business.