BTEC Level 3 Diploma Sport
Students who choose this qualification must also choose the BTEC Extended Certificate in Sport.
The information below summarises the extra content that will be covered to convert the Level 3 Extended Certificate in Sport (equivalent in size to 1 A Level) to the Level 3 Diploma in Sport (equivalent in size to 2 A Levels) Therefore, please also read the Extended Certificate information.
The Diploma course contains six mandatory units, four of which are taught as part of the Extended Certificate:
Students on this course will cover four units following the Extended Certificate and then an additional five units to make the qualification increase to a second A Level equivalent.
The five additional units are:
Two Mandarory Units:
- Unit 22 - Business for Sport (synoptic)
- Unit 23 - Skill Acquisition (internal) and Unit 4 - Sports Leadership (Internal)- taught as part of the extended certificate
Three Optional Units:
- Unit 5 - Application of fitness testing (internal)
- Unit 8 - Coaching for performance (internal)
- Unit 25 - Rules, regulations and officiating in Sport (internal)
The three main forms of assessment for this qualification are the same as the extended certificate: external, internal and synoptic.
WHERE CAN IT LEAD?
This qualification is aimed at learners looking to progress to employment in Sports Performance and/or Coaching and whose aspirations would also be supported by taking complementary qualifications alongside. It is also suitable for those wishing to complete a range of degrees including: Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Education, Sport Psychology or Sport and Business.